Green Vibrance 1 scoop in a half glass water Lizro 20mg x 1 (Blood Pressure)
Lexamil 10mg (Anti Depressant)
Magnesium Bi glycinate 1000mg
Nac x 1 (Chest seems to help)
MORPHINE 5ml or 1 teaspoon when requested. No more than 4 teaspoons a day
MEDICATION EVENING
Alzam 0.5mg
Trepilene 10mg
Pax 10mg x 1 or 1/2
Magnesium Glycenate 1000mg
Voltaren x 1 When requested
Pepcix x 1 Chewable
Lacson 25ml or 1 tablespoon Varied depending on bowel
SHAKE at least once per day
2 x raw eggs
1 x banana
6 spoons ensure or Whey protein (top of the range)
4 x ice blocks
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Almond Milk
Blend and serve
and so the Morphine has started, he gave in and requested it. It is the beginning of the end. I have stopped all the other medication and he only gets what I have listed. I now know that nothing can help. I used to think I could find something to stop it but of course, why would life be that simple. Everyone goes through this phase and the doctors expect it. How can they tell you there is no hope.
They say eat healthily. Do what you normally do.
What they don't tell you...
6th July 2018
9.00 - Woken up by Let He was in full choking mode. The meat soup had started him coughing last night but when I went to bed at 3.00 am he was fine. The meat had strands in it and obviously irritated his throat. So that was out unless strained.
I went straight to him and he was full of mucous and totally out of control.
I sat down and spoke to him gently as I did and tried to explain what was happening. He argued with me and started shouting. I got cross with him and told him as long as he was ill, he would listen to me. There could only be one person in charge. As I was the person with the nursing experience it was me.
He kept quiet and I explained to him that the coughing generated more mucous. I told him that there was nothing wrong with his lungs. The more we cough when irritated, the more irritation is generated. I explained that it would be a day of sedation. I knew it was going to be a struggle to get him calm. Let said that he had refused breakfast. I would try to get him to eat but in this situation, it was hopeless as everything scared him. I gave him 0.5mg of Alzam and 1 teaspoon of Morphine. After the morphine, he always wanted a sip of water.
I spent the day sitting him up and down, doing frappage or clapping (https://www.myshepherdconnection.org/respiratory/postural-drainage-clapping) and trying to get the mucus out. He never lay flat as he struggled to breathe so he was in the sitting position, leaning forward. He would then spit into a cup and I would wipe his mouth. Only once he had relaxed would the whole cycle stop. Obviously stopping them from starting is the first objective. It was getting difficult for him to cough like he used to. This meant that his chest muscles were weakening. He preferred to move to the wheelchair as he had more leverage. It is also better to move him as this helps. I got him fresh coke which was the one thing that seemed to help. We went like this through the day until he settled and could watch something with some interest.
Showering or shave or anything was out.
14.30 - 1/2 Alzam, 1 x teaspoon morphine.
17.00 - Is all meds except the sleep ones.
19.00 - managed a little shake and some jelly.
22.00 - 1/2 alzam
1.30 - 1 teaspoon morphine, pax 1
toilet run and make ready for bed.
The lazy boy tilted back but not too far, pillows on either side, one at the small of his back, special socks on and soft slippers, Pillow under the knees. Chair at the bottom of the lazy boy so that the heating pad can be placed. Two Blankets on him and one around his back and neck.
Cup for spitting in and pieces of roll a towel broken off into single pieces, 1 glass water and a small amount of coke,1 bottle of coke small, as it had to be fizzy. Remote near, glasses would be put where he could find it as was cellphone and remote.
He eventually fell asleep but I stayed up as I knew he could wake up and choke. I sat and watched TV and played games on my computer. I like watching over him when he sleeps. I know soon he will not be here.
6.00 - No movement so went to bed. Wrote up the Diary so that everyone knew what to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment