Took a drive on Sunday with a friend along the back of the Tygerberg Hills. I didn't want to leave home as usual but in the end I was glad I did.
The wonderful thing about Cape Town is that there is always something to revisit or something new to look at. When you do go back....you see things that you forgot were there. We headed out along the N7 to Malmesbury and took the Vissershok Turnoff turn off. (M48) from there we came to a T junction and took the Contermanskloof road. (right) When we got to the M13 we turned left.
A lot of the land has been plowed and looks dry and then you see the beautiful green vines popping up all over. I love the picture of the contrasting colours.
There is great old architecture, art and interesting restaurants.
There is something for everyone.
On the drive over don't forget to stop at one of the many wine farms on the way. There are plenty also dotted around the town as well. You will be spoiled for choice.
Some of the architecture is very old and dates back to the time of the settlers.
The dates are reflected on one or two of the buildings I photographed. I am talking 1830 and so on.
For me one of the nicest things is the art. I always see really awesome works. It has always been a place that exhibits new artists that are different.
There are a few of the usual touristy places that sell wooden animals etc.
If you are looking for something different you will find it.
Had to stop for the usual snack of course
The houses are exquisite and I wouldn't mind living in one. Beyond my salary though....waaay!
It is a lovely little town and you will enjoy going there again and again.
No comments:
Post a Comment