Monday, 28 April 2014

07-06-2013 Phuket

Woke up 2.30am after passing out, as I was going I could feel Michel take my kindle out of my hands. After waking up I caught up on all my emails and had some of the sliced pineapple they sell already cut on the streets. It was so sweet! I had never had pineapple that was so delicious.



Sat in the balcony and just absorbed the sight, smell and sounds of the streets around me. It was wonderful. I could enjoy the heat because I knew I could go back into the air conditioned room behind me. 
Went back to sleep and Debbie woke me up at 9. We made coffee we had bought at the local supermarket. Debbie found carte noir her favourite so she was thrilled. Sat on the balcony and watched all the traffic streaming by. The scooters going damn fast as well as the cars. They seem to speak their own language. 


The hotel breakfast was quite vast and even included spaghetti carbonara. I thought that was hysterical. They had egg to order cooked by a chef on the outside and the rest of the meal was inside. They had lovely star fruit, dragon fruit as well as the usual watermelon, mango. I tried one of those lovely tiny little bananas and it was sweet and starchy. Finished it off with juice and flapjacks. The staff at the centra Ashlee are friendly and helpful.

We took a walk over the road and bought hats and a bather. The sellers are very persistent and call you 'Darling' Probably a left over from the second world war. Lol  
Patong Beach


However I can see why they are...as if you don't buy the first time you will buy somewhere else. If they are not persistent you don't buy as you waver most of the time.

Walked down to patong beach about 300m the shops are more upmarket. Debbie exchanged some dollars at the exchange down at the beach and they don't charge anything. They have a rate and that's it. 
The beach is lovely and we had a guy called Wee who looked after us. He put our chairs out and our umbrellas and brought us beer. He even had a Thai broom to wipe the sand off our loungers. Awesome service! Michel asked him to organise us Jet Skis and told him we would pay 1000 Baht each. We told him we would tell him when we were ready. Like every country they all have their connections kickbacks etc, That's how the world works. I was in heaven with a beer in my hand, lying on a lounger, with a beautiful view in front of me, It doesn't get much better than this for me.

The water is so warm they we didn't even flinch when we went in. Debbie was happy to go in and I don't know when last she swam. She said she couldn't remember. If there is water I am in. I love the sea, pool, anything.

We are drinking the local beer which is also not cheap but it is very nice. Wouldn't like to try and get drunk...it will cost a fortune..lol!  We even have bottle coolers next to us on little tables. The beers come ice cold and it's the only way to go.


There are people walking up and down selling things and we bought some stuff cheaper than we did at the stalls. We were laughing as Debbie said that we could have just lounged and done our shopping on our backs instead of walking around.
You can pretty much get anything to eat as well. So with drink and food you don't need anything. There are shops across from the beach that sell towels, bathers, t shirts, hat's etc.





We gave Wee a shout and said we were ready to Jet Ski. Michel got on first and I went in to video her, Looked like she was having fun. 

 

We came in when we were finished and they said no we can go longer. It was out  of this world and I would love to do it again. 

I am now getting a foot massage as well as a pedicure for R80.00 so I am in heaven. (Leave phone and enjoy) home shortly for a nap and then off to Pat Pong.

TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment

HELP FOR THE YOUNGER JOB SEEKER

Fin24: How do graduates get jobs in this tough business environment? 'TC:   There’s such a surplus of people looking for work that so...