Sunday, 16 June 2013

17-06-2013 Krabi

Got up early this morning but the tummy bug doesn't want to leave me. 
The thought of the soup I tried to eat last night is making me feel even worse. I gave precise instructions to the chef but all I got was an overwhelming dish of water with lemongrass the predominant flavour. I should have gone down and asked to make it myself. He tried so hard and just didn't make it. I threw it all down the toile so that he would not feel insulted.
Went to find a toilet to wash my face but the smell made me feel like throwing up as well, luckily there was a small bin that would do the trick. I took a walk to the Palm court slowly and tried to decide what I could eat and keep it down. I stuck to yoghurt, even though dairy products are the last thing one should eat. I had two small bowls of the plain yoghurt and chased it with a glass of wate. I attempted a couple of bites of toast as well...so far so good. The plain yoghurt in Thailand is great, so different to anywhere else. I wish I could get this at home. After breakfast we went and sat in the lounge area, or at least Debbie and Michel sat, I lay down. The smells come out from nowhere and I kept a facecloth on my head and nose. Off to the toilet to brush my teeth and listened to another tourist throwing up in the toilet. Ah well....
Lounge Area

Lay around until the driver came to fetch us. I honestly don't know how I am going to make it to Bangkok. Debbie dumped her hat in the room but as we were leaving one of the clerks brought it to us. She can't seem to get rid of it. I don't know why she doesn't like it, I think she looks great. The driver came to call us and we loaded all our luggage in. Part of the adventure is that I never know what is going to happen next as my daughter planned the whole trip. We just follow, so each moment is an adventure. The drive to the airport took about 20 minutes, it wasn't to bad as we were the only people in the car. 

Krabi airport is small and the women are friendly... The men are a bit surly. I think the airport personnel are pretty shitty as a rule as they know they have you over a barrel. They only x rayed our suitcases and not our bags... Rather strange. Michel went to buy us cokes and chewing gum for me. I love the minty flavour of the gum, it makes me feel so much better. We are sitting outside at the moment reading and drinking coke. Should be boarding at 12.25 then I will see how I feel on the plane.
Krabi Hotel


No comments:

Post a Comment

HELP FOR THE YOUNGER JOB SEEKER

Fin24: How do graduates get jobs in this tough business environment? 'TC:   There’s such a surplus of people looking for work that so...